Domain Transfer Process
To transfer a domain to CinoFusion, please follow the steps below. Following these instructions will speed the process, and make the transfer as quick and simple as possible.
1) The domain to be transferred must not already be expired. At least one week of registration time should remain before expiration.
2) The domain to be transferred must have been originally registered at least 60 days before the transfer request is submitted.
3) Complete the transfer form http://www.cinofusion.com/Domain/transfer.cfm.
4) An email will be sent to the administrative contact (typically you) listed with the current registrar. This email will ask you to confirm your desire to change registrar. (Note: This email can ONLY be sent to the email address on file with the existing registrar. If the administrative email address on record with the existing registrar is not accurate, the administrative contact must notify the original registrar, and update the email address before the transfer is initiated. Otherwise the transfer will fail.)
5) Confirm the transfer request by going to the specified URL and entering the password given in the above email.
6) The current registrar will review transfer request and confirmation.
7) CinoFusion will review the transfer request.
8) The current registrar will then transfer the domain to CinoFusion. The only cost involved is a one-year renewal. Renewing your domain for one-year minimum is required by InterNIC. This renewal is added on to the time remaining on the current registration, so no time is forfeited. Many of our customers transfer their domain long before renewal is imminent, just to avoid problems if the other registrar is unduly slow.
Transfer failures will result in a payment refund to you. If a transfer fails due to an invalid administrative contact email address, failure of the administrative contact to respond to the confirmation email, or violation of the limitations specified above, a $5.00 administrative charge will be assessed. Initiation of a transfer order constitutes acceptance of these terms.
There have been difficulties transferring domains from Register.com and Network Solutions recently. Please fax them a signed note stating that you are transferring your domain, and would appreciate if they processed your request per your order, in accordance with ICANN regulations. If we experience trouble transferring your domain from either of these companies, we will re-initiate the transfer for you.